Friday, May 30, 2014

London May 2014


Spotted in London during my recent trip to visit the rellies and attend the opening of "Inside Out" Contemporary Bindings of Private Press Books, a Designer Bookbinders exhibition (with one of my bindings in it).  Above are a couple of pals reading the newspaper in a quiet spot in White Chapel and a poster for  a show that I would have walked a mile to see if I had had a chance.  I read all the "Biggles" books-my favourite was "Biggles Defies the Swastika!" Ripping stuff.

Below is a shot of the show currently on until August 22 at St Bride's Institute.  Worth a look if you are passing Fleet St. at Farringdon Rd.
 In other developments our intern from Paris's Ecole Estienne, Marie,  started slaving away for us this week.  She's here for a month and is doing nice work on a bit of everything.  This should be fun.  Today at lunch we all discussed the merits of McCain's curly fries.  Apparently they are quite popular in France.  Who knew? Welcome Marie.

No comments: